2.21.2009

My Baby is Four!

I saw this at A Nut in a Nutshell some time ago and I thought it would be a perfect post for Z's birthday.

First Baby Questions:





1. Were you married at the time? Yes

2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? Really excited! I was a little long in the tooth when we married, so we wanted to get pregnant right away.

3. How old were you? 33

4.How did you find out? We bought a home pregnancy test.

5. Who did you tell first? I called my parents who said, "Already?" Z was a honeymoon baby.

6. Did you want to find out the sex? Not at first. But then when the opportunity to find out arose, I couldn't resist. I had a nursery to decorate!

7. Due date? February 12, 2005

8. Did you deliver late or on time? Late. I have funny giant-ly pregnant pictures taken on my due date.

9. Did you have morning sickness? Very little. I never actually got sick, but I did feel a little seasick ALL the time.


10. What did you crave? Grapefruit and bananas. I had more aversions than cravings. I couldn't even stomach the thought of eggs. Peanut butter also made me nauseaus. I couldn't handle the spices in Mexican without killer heartburn. I'm still not entirely over the eggs and peanuts. And I eat WAY more bananas now than I did before I was pregnant.

11. Who/what irritated you the most? My husband. Apparently pregnancy hormones bring on The Crazy, and everything he did bugged the hell out of me.

12. What was your first child's sex? Girl

13. How many pounds did you gain throughout pregnancy? About 32

14. Did you have any complications during pregnancy? A week after my due date, my blood pressure went way up, so they had to induce. I'm a crunchy-granola-natural-childbirth kind of gal, so when they said 'induce,' I heard 'emergency c-section.' I was determined to be drug free and wanted to move around during labor, but the only position that didn't push on Z's cord was flat on my back - the world's worst position for natural labor! I almost gave up on the drug-free thing during transition (my MiL, who was my coach, was so freaked out by my BP that she was of no use coach-wise), but a wonderful nurse got me through it.

15. Where did you give birth? Small Town, Texas

16. How many hours were you in labor? 7 hours, 15 minutes

17. Who drove you to the hospital? Hubby

18. Who watched? T, his mom and dad, a whole host of nurses and my doc.

19. Was it natural or c-section? Natural

20. Did you take medication to ease the pain? Not even a Tylenol.

21. How much did your child weigh? 6 lb 11 oz.

22. Did your child have any complications? No, she was perfect!

23. What did you name her? Z. Her middle name is E after her grandmother.

24. How old is your first born today? She is 4!


1 comment:

I am a comment junkie.
Thank you for feeding my habit.