2.04.2009

Tag Cloud Geek Out

I know I am late to the party, but I think tag clouds are a cool way to visually represent what I am writing about. Much more interesting than a plain list, if not more practical. (Sorry Mimi Smartypants!) So today I set out to find out how to make one, which was not as easy as I thought it would be.

Honestly, I expected there to be a Blogger gadget that would do it for me, but I was wrong. Well, not really. There was a gadget, it just didn't work the way I thought it should. I messed around with several different sites that had 'tag cloud builders,' but they used key-words instead of my actual tags, so again, that wasn't what I was looking for.

Finally, I stumbled on a site that had the actual code for making the tag cloud and coherent instructions for how to install it. Yay! It even gave easily understandable instructions on how to tweak it so that it looks the way you want it to. Love! I am such a NERD about this stuff!

6 comments:

  1. Yay! I love tag clouds too and haven't ever found a great site! Glad you could point us in the right direction! You are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH, that's my technogeek! And yes I will marry you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, is there a tag cloud on your site that I'm missing? You're the button Goddess, how is it that clouds elude you?

    My header loves you back... it's the cutest, right? My daughter and I designed it. (Well "designed" might be a bit strong, I stole the picture off of google images and altered it in ps.) Something good had to come out of February!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen tag clouds, and they look like fun. I'm curious to see what my most common word would be...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do the button box too?? That's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tag clouds are a great way to explore a site. You can get a feel for what a writer is most passionate about and quickly find topics of interest.

    ReplyDelete

I am a comment junkie.
Thank you for feeding my habit.