- 2 cranky children on the second and third days of cold symptoms
- 1 miserable parent on the first day of cold symptoms; bonus for lack of sleep the previous night due to drainage
- Strap down cranky children in car seats and insert into family vehicle.
- Place parent behind wheel of car and drive directly to McD's for LARGE COFFEE
- Stop for snacks and gas-station-sinus-meds to prevent parental head explosion
- Add emergency side-of-road potty stop (not for who you would think it would be for)
- Blend car with blinding rain storm for 5+ hours
- Encounter suddenly brilliant skies at precisely the time of day that sun visors cannot block sun
- Apply more sinus meds
- Arrive home nine
years dayshours later, just in time to prepare dinner for cranky/snotty/no-nap-having children out of cardboard and toothpaste because the cupboard is bare
*The trip to visit my father and sisters was lovely. The kids and I had a great time and my dad's event raised a lot of money for a worthy charity. If only teleporters had been invented, the weekend would have been perfect.