9.02.2010

Neighbor Kid Redeemed

Z and Q were playing out front while I was messing around in the garden.  I was raking leaves out from under our bushes (about time - they were last year's!) in preparation for cedar mulch and the installation of a micro-sprinkler system (more on that in another post.  It is SO freakin' cool!)  Z sees NK and asks if she can invite him to play.  In the front yard, sans dogs, natch.  I said sure and went back to my obsessive raking.

I finished raking and watched NK go by on his Ripstick (a twisty skate-board-y thing) pulling Z in the wagon.

I finished pouring out the first bag of mulch and watched NK go by on his Ripstick pulling Z in the wagon.

I finished pouring out the tenth bag of mulch and watched NK go by on his Ripstick pulling Z in the wagon.

Fearing that Z had roped NK into a life of indentured servitude, I called out that maybe he didn't want to spend his entire afternoon pulling her around in her wagon.  Perhaps they could find a different way to play.

NK replied that it was okay, so I told him I didn't want him to feel pressured to cart her around.

His reply?  "No, really!  I don't feel anything!"

Okay.  Maybe he's not that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment junkie.
Thank you for feeding my habit.