5.19.2011

New 'Do

Since I had that, ahem, significant birthday a few months ago, I have been talking a lot of smack about cutting my hair off and donating it to charity and getting a whole new look for this whole 'middle aged' thing. I had T snap a photo, a control, if you will. Then... nothing. Six months later and nothing.

Then I stumbled across a fun makeover tool on the Real Simple website. Awesomeness! Here are my results: (please to ignore the funky Barbie-esque hair colors. I tried to get them as close to my own hair color as possible, but... well, you can see the results. The make up looks pretty aweswome though, right?)



Au Naturel

This is what I look like on a daily basis.  My hair is long (almost to my waist) and curly and not quite as blond as it used to be.  I have a LOT of hair and it gets HOT.  That is why it is almost always in a pony tail or, lately, a bun.


Broadcaster Bob

I really like the bangs on this style.  Unfortunately, the rest of it is a little blah.  Mom-ish, if you will.  (And not in a MILF sort of way!)  I think it could look cute either curly or straight.


Hip Flip

I think this cut would work really well with my hair.  I had a cut similar to this years ago (before my hair was curly) that I really liked.  It doesn't seem like it would be too difficult to style.  Unfortunately it is widest right where my face is widest...


Short Shag

I am strangely obsessed with this look.  I fear it would require a lot of flat ironing - which in my world equals not getting done a whole lot.  If I didn't iron it, would it shrink up into the dreaded 'mom helmet'? 



Shaggy Shag

This might be what my hair looks like on a good day.  On a bad day?  I look like Mikey from Orange County Choppers.   Perhaps this isn't quite the change of look I am looking for.  Or is is?



Short and Sassy

Unexpectedly, this one is my favorite!  If I got this haircut, I would be losing something like two feet of hair!  Might have to get a keratin treatment to pull this off.  Lots of maintenance.  Hmmm.  Maybe I am talking myself out of this one.



Beach-y Keen

This?  Is my fantasy hair.  The reality is that I would always put it behind my ears and end up with a butt-crack part.  My hair looked like this for about a minute in college - before the hormonal soup of my thirties gave me curly hair.




Bang-less Bob

Do I love it?  Do I hate it?  Honestly, I don't know any more.  I think it might look like the ill-advised haircut just-cut-it-all-off haircut I got when I was pregnant with Z.  Or it might be a perfectly nice age-appropriate style.




Help me!  With this here poll?  Anyone?  Crickets?


Which 'do should I do?
Au Naturel
Broadcaster Bob
Hip Flip
Short Shag
Shaggy Shag
Short and Sassy
Beach-y Keen
Bang-less Bob




Web Polls

1 comment:

  1. You hit the big 4-0, too eh? Mine was in March.

    Please don't say middle aged. Please?

    ReplyDelete

I am a comment junkie.
Thank you for feeding my habit.