1.17.2012

Finding Balance

Lest you think this is some high minded new year's resolution post, um, nope.  If that is what you are searching for, move right along and I'll catch you next time. This here post is about MAH BAYBEE!

It was a banner day at Casa Critical Mass yesterday.  It was the day that I took the training wheels off of Z's bike.  As soon as I got them off she just took off down the driveway without a care in the world.

I can't believe my sweet baby girl is big enough to take off on two wheels!  I am so proud!  And also, quit growing up so fast!  You are my little girl!  But with every day she gets a little more independent and I get glimpses of the person she will be some day.  Sob!  (Sunrise, Sunset playing softly in the background.)

Ahem.

About the time she got to the end of the driveway, she went, "Oh, wow!  I don't have training wheels!" and "I don't know how to turn!" and had a mini panic.  The more she thought about it, the more wobbly she got.  All of a sudden, she was pushing herself along with her feet instead of pedaling.  Maybe college isn't so close after all.

I was really proud of her determination to master this new skill.  Since we took the trainers off, she has clocked about 100 miles around the driveway and the bottom of the cul de sac.  Now she is begging to take a longer bike ride around the neighborhood.  That's my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment junkie.
Thank you for feeding my habit.