12.19.2008

Definition of Ironic

My "office" is literally a walk-in closet off of the kitchen. It has a built-in desk and some utilitarian shelving. And a really ugly '80's builder special light fixture. I don't know what it is about this light, but it is where all manner of creepy crawlies come to die. The first year we lived her, we found three(!) dead scorpions in it. Today, it was merely a collection of spiders.

When I came into my office yesterday morning, the light did this weird power surge deal, then died. So I unscrewed the screws that held the enclosed glass shade and took the filthy thing to the kitchen. As I mentioned there were a bunch of crispy spiders in there, along with what appeared to be baked on spider threads. Yay!

I let the nasty thing soak soak all day, then scrubbed it out after the kids were asleep. I had just gotten the worst of the bug goo off and thought to myself, "Man this thing is ugly. I wish I didn't have to put it back up." And what happened next? When I flipped it over to rinse the outside, I lost my grip, fumbled to catch it, then watched it shatter in the sink.

Guess I should be careful what I wish for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment junkie.
Thank you for feeding my habit.