5.13.2010

Indigestion

Apparently, after two dog-free weeks while the dogs were at Camp Grandma, I completely forgot the basics of pet ownership.  And also the destruction my hounds of hell can wreak if left un-crated while I am out.  In fact, the crate and its lack of dogs didn't even cross my mind until I had been gone for over an hour.  I wasn't going to be back for hours, but it didn't matter anyway.  The damage had been done.

I guess I should be grateful that the carnage wasn't more widespread.  Instead, it was a targeted attack right where it hurts the most: the remote.  Blackie/Holly ate the remote to the still-practically-brand-new-TV. 

T was not pleased.  Channel surfing just isn't the same when you have to get up every time you want to change the channel. 

At T's desperate insistent urging, I called Best Buy to see if they carried replacement remotes.  When I explained our dilemma to the home theater guy (my end sounded like this, "My dog(s) ate my remote.... No, I'm not kidding.... Yes, she(they) ate it.... Yeah, she(they) ate my first Kindle, too.), he suggested that perhaps I might want to get a new dog.  I told him I already had four dogs and didn't need another one.  His reply?  Maybe there is an exchange program?

Best Buy doesn't carry replacement remotes (Universal remotes?  Yes.  Brand/model specific? No.)  Thank goodness for the internet!  I found an exact match on eBay for not a whole lot of money and it is already making its way through the U.S. Postal Service to Wester.  Unfortunately, there wasn't a shipping upgrade, so we have to wait for the regular mail.

In the meantime, perhaps we will drop a pound or two walking back and forth to change the channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment junkie.
Thank you for feeding my habit.