2.15.2011

Rats, Foiled Again!

To overcome my powerful procrastination skills, a friend of mine suggested that I put painting the bathroom on the calendar and get myself psyched up for it.  So I did, and it worked.  I got up today all ready to paint that bathroom.  I got in there and started masking  Oh, how I hate masking!  But I am a spaz and unreliable about touching up the ceiling, so: masking.  Sigh.  I figured I would actually do a thorough job of it and paint the tape line with primer to insure pristine paint lines.

But I got ahead of myself.  The paint I planned to use for the bathroom was left over from the house in Small Town, but I wanted to tone it down a little.  The colors were a little intense, so I planned to tone them down with a little white paint.  Halfway through my masking job, I got sucked into paint mixing.  The colors?  So not going to work.  Still WAY too intense.  Very juvenile. The colors were okay in the old house where the bathroom was solely a kids' bathroom, but in this house, it is the main first floor bathroom and I was hoping for something a little more sophisticated.  Well, as sophisticated as you can be with a monkey shower curtain!

Guess I'll have to take another stab at the colors.  I have a cup holder that has the sand-and-sky colors I am looking for in it.  I guess I'll just have to cough up the cost of paint.  Rats!  I was hoping this would be a free project!  Oh, well.  Paint is cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment junkie.
Thank you for feeding my habit.