4.09.2011

Do Not See

T's awesome parents came into town tonight specifically so T and I could have a date night.  (I lucked out in the in-law department, huh?)  Cutting edge trend setters that we are, we decided to go to dinner and a movie.  It was T's turn to choose the move.  He chose Your Highness.

Worst. movie. ever.

I think I may have actually lost I.Q. points for having seen this movie.  I am wishing I could Clorox my brain.  I feel kind of dirty.  It was unbelievably, cringingly, almost cartoonishly bad.  We thought that the total cheese-fest at the beginning of the movie was just to set the scene.  Nope.  It was the whole movie.

T figured that since Natalie Portman was in it, the movie had to be decent.  He loves her.  I mean, the woman has an Oscar, right?  After this movie, she might have to give it back. 

There was so much superfluous swearing that even my potty-mouthed-sailor of a husband thought it was excessive.  Pretty much every scene had some kind of penis reference in it.  Most of it with a guy/guy twist.  Danny McBride seemed to be playing a character written for Jack Black - and doing it poorly.  I am amazed that he was able to keep a straight face.  All in all, it felt like the film was edited by a bunch of pimply-faced, hormonal junior high school boys.

The only thing that kept us in our seats was the $9.50 each we had blown on tickets.

On the up side, Grandma took care of bedtime and I got to spend a little (low) quality time with the hubs.  That was worth the price of admission!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment junkie.
Thank you for feeding my habit.