11.15.2011

Thankful 2011 - Days 1-15

Okay, so I'm a little late getting started, but I still have a LOT to be thankful for!  So, here goes for the first half of the month:

1.  As much as I love it, I am thankful Halloween is over for another year.  If any more candy comes into this house, I am going to turn into a Thanksgiving float.
2.  I am thankful that I got a haircut that suits me better.  I cut off two more inches and if looks SO much better! 
3.  I am thankful for my yearly trip to San Diego to visit Sister K.  This year, I am especially thankful for a trip to R Gang featuring gourmet tater tots, a visit with the chef and birthday cake flavored vodka - it was my birthday.  For which I am grudgingly thankful.  Definitely better than the alternative!
4.  I am thankful for excellent pedicures, a trip to Direct Buy that is going to save me thousands of dollars on the upcoming kitchen remodel, and for an amazing experience of a dinner with Sister K, her hubs and his super fun family.
5.  I am thankful for a WHOLE day at the beautiful Grand Del Mar Spa.  OMG.  It was completely amazing!
6.  I am thankful for the opportunity to spend a rainy Sunday with Sister K - even if we did get wet at the beach.
7.  I am thankful for technology.  Specifically, my Kindle and my iPad.  They kept me occupied throughout a long day of travel.
8.  I am thankful for my wonderful mom-in-law who watched my kiddos while I was in Cali - with Z barfing her head off and Q getting four shots.  She is so awesome!
9.  I am thankful for my fun new cell phone.  It is taking up WAY too much of my time. 
10. I am thankful that my husband's boss was not overtly judgmental of my housekeeping when he STAYED AT MY HOUSE with only two days notice.  (NOT thankful the hubs didn't give me more notice!)
11.   I am thankful for my own personal IT department who made my Bluetooth earpiece talk to the new fun cell phone.  Thanks, Brother M!
12.  I am thankful for Gigi's Cupcakes and the friends and occasions to share them.  (Happy birthday, CJ!)
13.  I am thankful for a lazy day in my PJ's and spending time with my DVR.
14.  I am thankful for Z's excellent school.  She came home with all A's on her mid-term report.  Go Z!
15.  I am thankful that one of Q's teachers thinks he's really smart - and that his behavioral mishaps might be a product of being bored.  That's way better than just thinking he is a bad seed!

More thankful tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment junkie.
Thank you for feeding my habit.