1.05.2012

Thinking Small

So.  December happened.  Wow.  Holy over commitment, Batman!  Even though I got all of my shopping done well in advance, we barely managed to get the tree decorated in time.  Never the less, Christmas was great.  Kids had a blast.  Much food was consumed.  Great times with family and friends.  And then it was over.

Now it is that time of year when we feel the need to make resolutions.  Huh.

I don't currently have the mental wherewithal to make plans for an entire year, so maybe I will just make resolutions for this week.  Yeah, that sounds more manageable.

  • Get out of bed.  I know this doesn't sound like much, but given the super-bug my kids gave me for Christmas, it is a SUPER big deal.  For the last three days I have been just this side of comatose while the kids were in school.  Staying awake when your body demands rest is more difficult than you would think.  Luckily, we were well stocked with mac and cheese and frozen pizza, because I couldn't manage any real cooking.
  • Make a recycling run.  Wester doesn't have curbside recycling (DRAG!), but I still try to do my part.  The post Christmas packaging is taking over my personal garbage dump laundry room.  If I don't take care of it soon, my husband is going to have a planet-bashing hissy fit and throw it all in the dumpster.
  • Clean the master bathroom.  It is just not right that I am required to dust my bathroom.  (My mom used to say that dust shouldn't happen to good people.  I couldn't agree more.)  But out here in the windy desert southwest, enough dust to write your name in accumulates over night.  Add some steam and hair products and you get almost instant yuck.
  • Write two posts on this here blog.  Hey, already halfway there!  Chica is disgusted with my lack of writing, and I can feel my brain melting from lack of use.
That sounds like a manageable week.  Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment junkie.
Thank you for feeding my habit.