11.13.2008

Rant... Sort of

Let me preface this post by saying that I love my husband. He is a good man, a good husband and the love of my life. However, there are days where I am not sure I would pee on him if he was on fire. Today was one of those days.

It all started when he got up this morning. Now I take a lot of ribbing about my status as "not a morning person," but he was really taking the cake. He was stomping around growling at everyone and complaining about how tired he was. This after he went to bed before me and got up after me.

He stomped upstairs and ate his breakfast in our bedroom so that he wouldn't have to deal with the children. If he'd worked yesterday, I might cut him a little slack. He does put his life on the line for a living. But yesterday? He was gone ALL DAY shopping for hunting gear and accessories for his new Jeep. The whole freaking day. Somehow it has never occurred to him that his days off are also potentially my days off. You know, if I weren't a single parent and all. Aaarrg!

He abandoned ship again today after his solitary breakfast, returning home (almost) in time for lunch. He then acted all put out with me because I hadn't planned a hot meal for him. Seriously. Has he met me? Lunch is every man for himself around here. I make meals for the kids, but T? Is grown.

Then there was the classic trash issue. This is the one household chore he is responsible for (because I am even worse at it than he is). I asked him to take out the (overflowing) trash from the kitchen. For the third time. Then he was all, "Oh. You mean now?" I know that it is self defeating of me, but I just can't bring myself to do it for him. I know that if I cave - even once - it will suddenly be my job forever.

After lunch he returned to his usual sweet self. He even apologized for being grumpy all morning. Will the wonders ever cease? Then he redeemed himself fully (despite the fact that he walked away from the dinner table without clearing anything but his single plate) by bringing me a surprise Blizzard. Banana Cream Pie! Yum! Apparently the way to my heart is the drive-through at Dairy Queen.

By the time he was ready for bed, he was back in my good graces. As he was shuffling off, I said, "How can I be all rant-y on my blog when you are being so sweet now?" To which he replied, "You be quiet, woman! And don't you make any noise when you come to bed. And don't ruffle the covers, either. There. Is that better?"

I just love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment junkie.
Thank you for feeding my habit.