1.14.2009

Budding Sense of Humor

Z and I were in her rocker reading The True Story of the Three Little Pigs by Jon Scieszka, and the conversation turned to wolves.

Z: Are there wolfs (her pronunciation) in my woods?
Me: No, we don't have wolves in this part of Texas. We do have coyotes.
Z: What's a coyote?
Me: Kind of like a wild dog. Bigger than Griffin but smaller than Blackie.
Z: If a big bad wolf or coyote came in my house I would run get Daddy to protect me.
Me: That would be a good thing to do, but I don't think you have to worry too much about it.
Z: Why not?
Me: Well, we don't have wild animals in the house.
Z: (a gleam in her eye) We do, too! They are called Izzy, Blackie and Griffin. They run wild through the halls! (giggle)

It was an intentional play on words. She amazes me. You know, when I don't want to throttle her!

. .. ... .... ..... .... ... .. .

We are headed out to the ranch until next Tuesday, so I thought it would be fun to re-post some of my favorite posts while I am gone. Those of you who have just tuned in can get up to speed! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment junkie.
Thank you for feeding my habit.