3.08.2009

Lame

Waaaaaay back in January, one of my favorite bloggy buds, Jamie (really, I mention her so much I should give her a tag!), gave me not one, but two awards. Being the lame-o that I am, I am only just now getting around to posting them. You know, because I want to put them in my new "They Like Me!" scrolling-awards sidebar. I'm self-serving awesome like that.


Award the First: The Friends Award


These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.

Award the Second: The Honest Scrap Award


A) First list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!

B) Pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.


In the spirit of rebellion, I am going to combine the conditions and pass these on to five awesome bloggers, but I will still tell you ten honest things about myself.


And the Award Goes to:


Ten Honest Things About Me

1. I am a terrible housekeeper. I wish I wasn't, but the fact remains that I would rather do almost anything than vacuum or clean a toilet.

2. When I found out Q was a boy, I was a little disappointed. What did I know about boys?! I was also afraid that my blatantly chauvinist (in the nicest possible way) in-laws would treat him better than Z. Now that he's here, I absolutely couldn't love him more and can't imagine having had a girl. Also? For number three (assuming T and I can come to an agreement on that)? I wouldn't mind another boy.

3. When faced with a project, no matter the size, I just assume that I can do it. For instance, my first house had a terrible kitchen. So with (a lot) of help from my dad, we waded in and did a studs-out renovation. If I had known going in how hard it was going to be, I never would have started.

4. I really, really, really want a cat. But I won't ever have one because T is allergic. Wah.

5. I'm fat. But most of the time it doesn't bother me much. My huz digs me. I can do everything that I want to do. I am one of those strangely fit fat people: low blood pressure; low cholesterol; I don't get winded easily. But sometimes, I'll catch a glimpse of my jiggly bits in the mirror and I'm like, "Who the hell is that fat chick?"

6. I am a good cook, but not an instinctual one. The only recipe I have memorized is the cranberry salad we have at every holiday meal. I measure ingredients like its a science project (which baking is, thankyouverymuch). Like Paula Deen, I have my own house seasoning: 4 parts salt, 1 part garlic powder, 1 part onion powder, 1/2 part pepper. I put it on everything. It is what makes my huz eat veggies.

7. I am a reformed intellectual snob. It took me a long time to figure out that going to college doesn't make you smart and not going doesn't make you dumb. I have seen the err of my ways. But bad grammar makes me nuts regardless of who uses it.

8. I can make anything out of construction paper or felt. I'm a spaz with a paintbrush, but give me a pair of scissors and I can make anything. I made my first elaborate costume when I was 13. I made soup can costumes for my best friend and me. She was tomato and I was ABC. There was graph paper involved in making the Campbell's logo.

9. Half way through my senior year of college, I almost chucked everything and changed my major from Radio-TV-Film to architecture. The only reason I didn't was because UT's architecture program was five years long and I would be starting from scratch. Ironically, I attended five more years of college after graduation anyway. I still regret that I didn't switch.

10. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. T thinks I should go to vet school, which I think I would like. But, really? A&M? With little kids? Blah. Dr. Dad-in-law thinks I should be a radiology tech because the demand for them is high (so I would be able to get a job anywhere) and they can make a lot of money. That could be interesting. Especially if you specialized in ultrasounds. I think I'll probably end up doing computer-something. I'll need more training than the limited knowledge I have now, but I am not opposed to that. What I do know is that I don't want to go back in the classroom. Teaching TAG, I was spoiled for the regular classroom. Plus, the testing climate in Texas is a recipe for disaster.

So, there you have it. Ten honest things about me. Thanks again to Jamie for thinking of me!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your awards and great Honest Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a good housekeeper either. I am terribly lazy about it.
    When I had my second child and they said "It's a boy." I cried because I was so disappointed that he wasn't a girl. It didn't take me long to get over it. All I had to do was hold him and look at his sweet little face. But I still fealt bad about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn the jiggly bit to HELL! I have bits and bits and bits.

    AND I can't believe I have my own TAG. Today is the BESTEST day ever. Oh that might not be gooder grammer. Dang. But honestly you need to stop feeding my habit.

    Now we can be BBFF. that's hot! LOL you always make me laugh. THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the awards--you totally deserve them, I love your blog!, Also, thank you so much for thinking of me! I am really flattered.

    My domestic habits are low on the chain of evolution--somehow I didn't get the housewife gene, but here I am! TA DA! I am probably ruining modeling any kind of domestic decency for my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow! My blog has never had an award before! I'm so touched!!

    Domestic habits? Is housework supposed to be a habit? Because, I'm telling you, if we didn't ever have company our house would never be picked up and cleaned.

    My kids are screwed.

    ReplyDelete

I am a comment junkie.
Thank you for feeding my habit.