6.12.2011

My Next Big Project: Reupholstering Wingbacks

My friend, CJ, the interior designer, has been asking me lately what my next big project will be.  I have been waffling among several projects on my 2011 To Do List.  A painting project was in in the lead until I stumbled on this cool tutorial on how to reupholster a wing back chair.  My original plan was to just do a semi-permanent slip cover, but the tutorial inspired me to do the real deal.

Before I could lose my nerve, I grabbed my sharpie, screwdriver and needle-nose pliers and got to work.

We started out here:

 Almost two hours and two giant blisters later, we were here:


I have gotten the mesh and piping off the bottom of the chair.  Who knew this was going to be such a workout?  I worked up a full body sweat and required a rest and a beverage before I could go on.  I think I pulled out 1,000 staples - and I have barely started!

I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a comment junkie.
Thank you for feeding my habit.