2.05.2009

Eeeeeek!

This post is brought to you from the top of my kitchen counter. Okay, not really. But isn't that what you are supposed to do when you discover a mouse? Jump on top of the nearest high surface? I totally don't get that. What's to be afraid of? It's a tiny mammal the size of your big toe.

Don't get me wrong, I am NOT excited about having found evidence of our little rodent-y freeloader. I know that I have made it clear that I am a lackluster housekeeper, but even I have my limits. Imagine me in a three minute full body shudder as I discover a bag of Chex Mix obviously chewed by little mouse-y teeth. Blech! As soon as my little 'helpers' were in bed, I tackled the pantry. I dragged out every single box, bag, bowl and container in there. I threw away everything old/dusty/that showed evidence of having mouse poop anywhere near it. I piled the rest on the counter while I disinfected the every horizontal surface and some of the vertical ones.

Now, sitting here high on Windex Antibacterial Multi-Surface Spray (which I highly recommend, by the way), I am faced with a conundrum. What do I do with all of the chip/snack/crunchy thing bags that were formerly sitting on that shelf? Obviously, a little plastic packaging was no match for little pointy mouse teeth. Do I go for the industrial sized tuppers? Set a trap and hope for the best? Stuff all the cracks (of which I found none!) with dog fur and hope the scent makes the mouse find a better place to party? Call the exterminator? Get a cat? Personally, I like the last option, but I fear my huz would divorce me.

So now I am at a stalemate. I have put everything that I can back into the pantry but am left with a couple bushels of dry goods with no where to go. Well played little mouse. Well played.

4 comments:

  1. I would NOT be able to sleep at night, until there was a confirmed rodent death! That would be an all time high OCD-germ freak nightmare for me! Burn the kitchen down and start over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA HA my "weird, you're not a computer" verification word from my above post was BEDFOX! Yup that's right. Even computers know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am one of those who folks who get freaked by mice, snakes are ok with me (hey you could get one of those), but furry rodents just give me the heebies. Seriously.

    Get one of those spinning mice traps and also the plastic containers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be putting traps in there just in case they're hiding. And I'm sure they are. And break out the tupperware for everything.

    ReplyDelete

I am a comment junkie.
Thank you for feeding my habit.