5.26.2009

Coupon Crazy!

After dinner with some friends the other night we were complimenting the hostess on her superior brownies. She said, "Thankyouverymuch. They're from a box."

Turns out she has lately started coupon-ing and one of her big scores was 20 boxes of brownie mix for free. Free brownies? She had T's total attention. Her hubs and sons bragged on her total coupon-clipping/money-saving mastery and the system she had developed to stay on top of everything. She has a whole notebook with dividers and pockets and baseball card pages and has the whole thing down to a science. Impressive!

Since we are currently supporting two households, it seems like a good idea for me to follow in the steps of my newly anointed coupon guru. We made a date for my indoctrination introduction tomorrow afternoon.

In anticipation of the big event, I wasted killed spent a productive afternoon finding every printable coupon the internet had to offer. Huh. Who knew there were so many coupons for stuff I actually use? Erm, I guess my friend did. And all those blogs I read where they talk about feats of coupon-ing glory that I can only dream about. Yeah, those. I am not too swift on the uptake.

The funny thing is, Chica and I were talking about this just the other day. We both know that there are coupons to be had, and that if we were religious about the sales fliers that we could potentially save a lot of money. We are both smart women. If all those other gals are successful at it, surely we would be, too. If we wanted to... But somehow we couldn't be bothered. Looking back on that conversation, I think an alien must have taken temporary control of my brain. Couldn't be bothered to save a big ol' chunk of money? That's crazy talk.

Wow. Nothing like the zeal of a convert, huh? To tell the truth, I am totally in it for the pretty notebook. I love me some office supplies. Especially if I have a coupon!

6 comments:

  1. Have fun! I used to be a coupon queen, now I can't even find my checkbook. If I could pull it together, I'd definitely give it a try--as my husband says, "This is 2009!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the wonderful world of coupons. You'll never be then same. I have some great saving money blogs on my side bar, check em out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great site for online shopping discounts - free shipping and discount codes. http://www.retailmenot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl! You have to check out www.thegrocerygame.com. It does most of the work for you! It works. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love love coupons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to clip coupons.... until I realized a great many were going unused.

    ReplyDelete

I am a comment junkie.
Thank you for feeding my habit.