5.10.2009

Happy Mother's Day!


As I mentioned in my previous post, I am feeling a little blue today. We had a very sweet Mother's Day (Muffins with Mom) at Z's school. She made me a glittery card and decorated a little gift bag with Hershey's Kisses and Hugs inside. Sister L sent me a card - she is so good about these things!

But now that the actual day is here, it is just a regular day. A day without my husband, who I am missing more than usual. A day where my mom is still here in body but has left us in spirit. These photos are from 2007, the last Mother's Day that she knew who I was. Happier days.

See how little Q was? This is one of very few pictures that they are both in. Poor Z was recovering from a hideous haircut (aka: mullet). Mom had no idea who Daddy was. She thought he was a suitor taking her out for a date. It was sweet in a sad sort of way.

9 comments:

  1. happy mother's day!

    Q is so adorable!!!

    i followed you back from MBC Under 100 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a great Mother's Day! All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rae Ann, sorry you are feeling flat. I am sending a big cyber hug your way, tho it's not the same. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great pictures. Hope you did have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Rae Ann. Happy Mother's Day. I'd like to present you with a Sushi Award. http://mamasinsight.blogspot.com/2009/05/time-for-sushi-award.html

    Come pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had something similar this Mother's Day...my hubby's grandmother has contracted a brain tumor and wishes to go out peacfully without medical treatment...so, she got her affairs in order but we are on "any day now" status...couldn't even call her (she lives in another state) because she doesn't know who anybody is anymore...it's very sad when these vibrant people we love must deteriorate before us.
    T.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pics! You are all smiling big, genuine smiles. I am missing my grandma this day after Mother's Day, too. I know it is not the same, but I am just glad that my thoughts and stories about her keep her active in my life and I know she is watching over me.

    I hope you were able to enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi rae ann,
    what a bittersweet memory! but what a wonderful picture. i'm stopping by mbc under 100 club, stop by anytime and say "hi!"
    hugs,
    shelley
    http://theplaygroundprincess.blogspot.com/
    http://iamstillstandingafterallthistime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharng such a personal story.
    {Big Bloggy Hugs}

    ReplyDelete

I am a comment junkie.
Thank you for feeding my habit.