5.13.2009

Hmph.

I want to create some scrolling banners across the bottom of my blog. I belong to several networking site, and I want to showcase some of the cool people I have met. I spent all afternoon - ALL of nap time! - and a good portion of the evening looking for a solution to my problem. No dice. For whatever reason, I can't get the images to be side by side, only one on top of the other. Grrr. Somehow, I don't think a totem pole of buttons slowly moving across my screen is quite the effect I am after.

I even called my blog guru, Daddy, to see what wisdom he could shed on the situation. None. He said he thinks marquees are annoying/distracting so he never uses them.

I floundered about the internet and found several javascript solutions, but they are WAY over my head. I figured if I downloaded them the logic would become clear to me, but unfortunately, it remained as clear as mud. Wah.


On a completely unrelated note, I will be at the ranch for the next several days. I apologize in advance for the lameness of the posts I have scheduled. They required no creativity on my part, but I hope you check them out anyway!

5 comments:

  1. I've done that too--tried to figure out blog stuff during all my free time but with no results--except having an extra 300 gray hairs on my head!

    http://tricks-for-new-bloggers.blogspot.com/ is a site I like to use for blog help. There might be something in there about side by side button banners:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no clue about how to do something like that. I'm still impressed with how you make buttons!

    So are you in your new house yet? You have your house you were in before on the market now, right? How is that going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layout!
    Thanks for stopping by and helping me celebrate my sits day today! I had ginormous fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can help you out. Hit me up on my pingbox at littleladycakes.com and I can walk you through it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rae Ann! I've passed along the One Lovely Blog award to you. Stop by my blog if you haren't already received this award to pick up your button.

    ReplyDelete

I am a comment junkie.
Thank you for feeding my habit.