5.21.2009

Showing #4

We had the fourth showing of our house today.  Luckily, I left the house show-ready when we went to the ranch and we haven't been home long enough to really mess anything up.  Unluckily, I ran out of the magic pool chemical that keeps my (very difficult) pool from turning green.  And the friend of the family that we have paid to keep the yard in check isn't.  

This morning I was vacuuming the pool in a blind panic and fretting over the two foot tall weed patch that was my front yard.  I managed to get the pool clean-ish.  It was clear, but not blue and sparkly.  More green and not un-sparkly.  The yard problem I solved by throwing money at my neighbor's teen-aged son.  $20 will buy you some immediate attention in Small Town, Texas!

The only negative thing about the showing was that they requested to come right in the middle of nap time: 2:00 to 3:30.  Rats!  Q fell asleep in the car before we even hit the end of the driveway.  Z, of course, didn't nap and was a defiant mess by (early) bedtime.  We got back a little after 3:30 and they were still here.  I choose to take that as a good sign!

Wish us luck!

5 comments:

  1. I've got everything crossed! Here's hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, they ALWAYS come at inconvenient times. Expecially nap time! I hope you get some offers soon!

    I have a question for you, do you know so many mom blogs get those cool cartoonish drawings for their header? Does someone draw those? I keep seeing all these cool designs and have wondered how people are doing them. I'm trying to learn all this html stuff as I go along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even my legs are crossed! (Oh, wait... that isn't because of you...)

    Good luck!!!

    (Will you have a pool at your new house? Houses here don't often have pools - that's why our neighborhood pool is such a big attraction.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I hope that it was a good sign. Thank goodness for neighbors with teenage sons. It sounds like you were able to pull it all together :)

    ReplyDelete

I am a comment junkie.
Thank you for feeding my habit.